If you are looking to have dental implants done, you would want to look for a trained and experienced implant dentist. If done right, dental implant surgery is one of the safest and most predictable procedures in dentistry.
You have come to the right place because Excellence Dental is run by the top implantologists in the industry.
Dr. Amy Khajavi is a highly experienced implant and full mouth reconstruction specialist. She specializes in the use of non-metal zirconia ceramic dental implants. They are one of a handful of dental practices in the world that do a full mouth reconstruction procedure with zirconia ceramic implants.
Why should you come to Excellence Dental for your implant needs?
- Excellence Dental is committed to holistic and ethical dentistry. We develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs and prepared by a team of trained and experienced professionals. This team approach provides coordinated care based on the implant option that is best for you.
- Excellence Dental uses non-metal biocompatible materials using the latest dental techniques and equipment. We use 3D technology-fabricated surgical guide during surgery for zirconia ceramic dental implants. Our general anesthesiologist supervises the surgery using IV sedation.
- Excellence Dental uses Protein Rich Growth Factor, or PRGF®, which is sourced from the patient’s blood. This boosts soft tissue healing on the area of dental surgery. Moreover, we use bone graft that’s a combination of PRGF® Stem Cell and synthetic Swiss-made Bio-Oss. This is one of the biggest factors behind our success.
- Dr. Amy Khajavi has more than 20 years of valuable experience as a specialist in implant dentistry and full mouth dental restoration. Highly-trained and awarded, Dr. Khajavi uses biological dentistry and ozone therapy in her dental procedures.
- Dr. Khajavi has M.S. in Microbiology and a Doctorate in Dental Medicine from Oregon Health Sciences University. During her post-doctoral education, she trained under Dr. Bob Jankelson and Dr. Ueno Hiroshi: both world-reputed prosthodontists. Dr. Khajavi also attained a Mastership in craniomandibular orthopedics of the jaw after receiving training at the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics.
- After studying implantology for two more years, Dr. Khajavi was awarded the prestigious Fellowship by the American Academy of Oral Implantology and International Congress of Oral Implantology.
- The Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry awarded her for “Excellence in Full Mouth Rehabilitation” in 2002. She was named “A Highly Dedicated and Master Clinician” by the same institute in 2003. Dr. Khajavi provides the following primary dental services at her clinic.
Our main focus is to serve your dental implant needs.
The Excellence Dental office does not offer general dentistry services like fillings, cleanings, root canals, veneers, and orthodontics because they are dedicated to implant dentistry and full dental reconstruction.
The following services below are available for you in Dr. Khajavi’s dental office.
Full Mouth Reconstruction with Ceramic Zirconia Implants
A full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of rebuilding or replacing all of the teeth in your mouth. It’s restorative dentistry that aims to improve the health, function, and aesthetics of the mouth.
You are a candidate for a full mouth reconstructive procedure if any of the following are true about your teeth or mouth:
- If you have lost multiple teeth because of some injury or trauma
- If you have a number of teeth with fillings that have started to fail or exhibited decay
- If you have cracked or broken teeth
- If you have eroded teeth due to grinding (or bruxism) or long-term acid erosion from food, beverages, or acid reflux.
- If you’re suffering from dentinogenesis imperfecta. This is a disorder of tooth development and it causes teeth to be discolored (most often blue-tray or yellow brown) and translucent. The teeth are weaker than normal, easily subject to breakage and loss. This condition can affect baby teeth and permanent teeth.
- If you’re suffering from amelogenesis imperfecta. This is another disorder of tooth development. It causes teeth to be unusually small, grooved, discolored, and prone to breakage.
- If you’re suffering from chronic jaw and muscle pain.
A full mouth restoration is usually done for treatment that affects all or most teeth in the mouth. Some treatment options might involve restoration of the missing structures of the oral cavity.
Replacing missing teeth will require implants. There are two options you can choose from:
- Metal-based two-piece implants
- Nonmetal-based one-piece implants
The metal-based implants are the traditional two-piece implants that involves implanting a titanium screw that fits inside your jawbone replacing the root-part of the missing tooth. This requires a minor surgery. Once the titanium implant is in place, an artificial tooth or crown is attached to the implant. The result is a functional prosthetic tooth that looks realistic. An advantage to this option is that titanium has the ability to fuse with bone making the implant function as part of your jawbone to serve as a strong long-lasting foundation for your replacement tooth. But the disadvantage to this option is that over time, the micro-spaces between the tooth and the titanium can be a space for bacteria to thrive and cause inflammation around the implant. If left unresolved, this can lead to bone loss and implant failure.
On the other hand, the one-piece nonmetal-based design won’t leave any space for bacteria to grow in. The CeraRoot® ceramic zirconia implant is a perfect replacement solution for missing teeth. Zirconia dental implants can last a lifetime. It is especially in high demand for patients allergic to metals or dislike metals in their mouth.
Zirconia dental implants reduce bacterial adhesion and increase oral health protection.
The All-On-4® Dental Implants
When all teeth needs to be replaced, the All-On-4® implants is an excellent option. Instead of one implant for each tooth, all you need is four precisely placed implants on the top of your mouth, and four on the bottom for restoration of all teeth.
The attachment to the four implants is a full set of teeth as seen in the image below.
The same is done for the lower mouth area, if necessary.
Sedation dentistry is the use of medication during dental procedures such as wisdom teeth removal for patient sedation and/or relaxation. There are different types of medication used for different levels of sedation depending on the procedure and the patient’s level of anxiety.
The different levels of sedation are the following:
- Minimal sedation, in which you are awake but relaxed.
- Moderate sedation or conscious sedation, in which you may slur your words when speaking and not remember much of the procedure.
- Deep sedation, when you are on the edge of consciousness but can still be awakened.
- General anesthesia, in which you are completely unconscious.
If you feel your gums are uneven, too low, or too high, ask Dr. Khajavi about gum contouring.
Gum contouring is a cosmetic dental procedure that will even out your gum line producing a nice smile that can give you confidence. It is also called gum reshaping or tissue sculpting.
Often, gum contouring is not medically necessary. Most people have their gums reshaped to improve the appearance of their smile and help with their self confidence. However, there are some people who need gum contouring surgery as part of other periodontal procedures, such as crown lengthening, pocket reduction, and other regenerative procedures.
Faster Healing with Plasma Rich Growth Factor
Excellence Dental offers one of the finest dental healing techniques in the industry. It is a breakthrough in bone and soft tissue regeneration, the Plasma Rich Growth Factor, or PRGF®.
It uses the full potential of the body in healing at a significantly higher rate. It is bio-compatible and FDA-approved.
Through the addition of PRGF® to the surgical site, the bone grows faster.
The PRGF® is a vital treatment technique for dental implants.
And Excellence Dental is one of a few dental practices that offers this.
Sinus Life – Piezotome
For sinus lift procedures, the Piezotome is effective in providing a clean cut, helping in tissue relaxation, cell healing and repair. The Piezoelectric ultrasonic machines help with dental procedures such as sinus lifting, dental implants, and TMJ.
Excellence Dental uses ozone therapy in dental implants, orthodontics, aesthetic dentistry, oral surgery, and TMJ treatment for its disinfectant and healing abilities.
We use ozone therapy in treating early tooth caries. It makes it possible to stop further cavitation and reverse the lesions without the use of invasive intervention.
This is considered a revolutionary dental technique.
Call Excellence Dental for your dental implant needs
If you are suffering from pain in your mouth area, or simply want to improve your smile, call our office.
We can help treat missing or decaying teeth. We can help you feel confident in your smile again.
Dr. Amy Khajavi will be happy to explain how zirconia dental implants reduce bacterial adhesion and increase oral health protection, and how full mouth reconstruction will restore your dental health and confidence.